Loretto Choral Society - Bring and Sing - Sunday 21st May 2017.
Back by popular demand, Loretto School Choral Society makes a welcome return with a 19th century favourite and a striking piece by a contemporary American choral genius. Joined by Loretto Senior and Junior Choirs, all are welcome to participate as singers by completing the registration form (click here) or by contacting;
Patricia Rowan - School Receptionist
Tel: 0131 653 4444
The arrangements for Sunday, 21st May are;
• 2.30pm Registration, tea & cakes in Old Library in support of the Teapot Trust
• 3.00pm Rehearsal Part 1 in Chapel
• 4.00pm Break. Tea & Coffee in the Old Library
• 4.20 - 5.20pm Rehearsal Part 2 in Chapel
• 5.45pm Supper in Dining Room
• 7.00pm Concert in Chapel
This year, the Society is delighted to support the work of The Teapot Trust, a local charity.
Art as a form of therapy is crucial to many children with chronic diseases, but unfortunately it is not always available. The Teapot Trust's aim is to provide professional art therapy for chronically ill children in the Royal Hospital for Sick Children Edinburgh and Yorkhill Hospital, Glasgow. In particular the Teapot Trust will offer support for children who suffer from Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis SLE) and related conditions.
To promote the Teapot theme of the trust there will be tea and home baking during registration from 2.30pm in the Old Library in Schoolhouse. Please come and learn more about the charity, whilst supporting a worthy cause and meeting some of our other singers.
As in previous performances we are expecting people to be travelling considerable distances and so the only compulsory rehearsal will be on the day from 3.00pm - 5.20pm in Chapel. We have had about 120 singers for previous Choral Society events and our hope is that we can match this number again whilst raising money for our charity.
For those participating there will be a small fee of £15.00 which includes a voluntary £5 gift to the Teapot Trust. This can be paid on the day by cash or cheque.
If you would like to see the music in advance, please provide a postal address and we will send you a copy.
There is a performance of the Schubert at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRUHQ-FksY
You can watch a Proms performance of Cloudburst at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOGv7e9AME&feature=youtu.be
We are also offering the following rehearsal session:
• On Tuesday 16th May, between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm there is a Sing before the Big Day evening, for anybody who would like to brush up on the notes. This rehearsal is entirely optional (and there will definitely be no solo singing involved!), but it will give us all an idea of how the music works. Refreshments will be provided.
• Rehearsal tracks for the Schubert are available on YouTube and feature individual voice parts with the music scrolling on screen - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKJrr5AVj_QEbc7YhW1NXhrgZhC7Q_3g5