The Parents’ Association
Contact us at email@example.com
The Parents’ Association came into existence in 2012, the aim being to form a vehicle that could both support new parents and be a voice for the collective views of the parent body within school.
All Loretto parents are automatically members of the Parents’ Association and the Committee is made up of up to 20 representatives from the parent body, each House and year group being represented. Membership of the Committee is by nomination on a House by House basis, with the opportunity for members to be proposed and elected to join without house nomination. Committee members can serve up to 2 years but can stand for re-election to serve a longer term.
The role of the PA is -
- To foster relationships between governors, staff, parents and others associated with the school.
- To communicate parental views to both the Staff and Governors.
- To engage in activities which support the school and the education of its pupils.
- To provide opportunities for parents to meet socially out with school.
- To offer help and advice to new parents and welcome them into the school community.
- To ensure that there is both year group and house liaison between parents.
- To ensure housemaster/mistress, house associated Governor and PA House representatives meet each term.
- To offer help and support to the Headmaster and his staff at school events such as Open Days.
- To organise and circulate year group Parental Contact Lists.
- To organise parent lunches prior to parent teacher meetings.
- To feedback to the committee parental concerns, comments and ideas.
- To act as a sounding board for changes within school as articulated by the Headmaster.
- To keep the parental body informed through both word of mouth and the publishing of the agreed minutes on the secure section of the website.
The Committee has a Chair and a Vice Chair and has formal meetings at least once a term. The Head and a Governor parent are always invited in order to give a Staff and Governor perspective to issues. The meetings work to a pre-circulated Agenda and, as all parents in the school are members of the Association, any parent can make contact with a representative to request that a topic be discussed. Any issue should be owned by a committee member and needs a pre-circulated supporting paper. The Chair will be responsible for the make-up of the Agenda.
Agendas and formal minutes will be published on the Website