Loretto School’s Admissions procedure aims to ensure that girls and boys who join Loretto are able to be happy, successful and secure within its academic, cultural and pastoral environment, whether they are boarders or day pupils.
No applicant will be treated less favourably during the application process or during the assessment, on the grounds of their skin colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, gender, religious faith, disability, orientation, or socio-economic group.
The admissions process and selection criteria are determined and reviewed from time to time. The Admissions Team is responsible for all aspects of the registration process and entry of a pupil to Loretto. Admission to the School is at the discretion of the Headmaster.
The preconditions are that:
- The applicant is of the appropriate age and sufficient maturity.
- Loretto School is able to adequately provide any additional support needs the applicant may have, following an assessment by our recommended practitioner psychologist.
- Loretto School will endeavour to make all reasonable adjustments in order to accommodate a child’s disability.
- The applicant fulfills any conditions set out, when offered a place.
- Fees (if applicable) at the present school of the applicant have been paid.
The selection criteria include provision of satisfactory evidence, through the School’s own age appropriate assessment tests, of academic ability sufficient to access the School curriculum, and a satisfactory reference from the applicant’s current school, coupled with a satisfactory recent school report. We recognise academic endeavour along with the importance of Art, Drama, Music, Sport and co-curricular activities, and enthusiasm in these fields is expected and encouraged.