UK Applicants Entry to 2nd to 5th Form
Entry into forms 2 to 5 (age 12 – 15 years) is usually via the Loretto Entrance Assessments consisting of papers in English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning (where relevant) suitable for the appropriate age. Entry into third form can also be via successful completion of the Common Entrance exam.
The Loretto Entrance Assessments are held at Loretto throughout the year and on an individual basis, although assessment papers can be sent to schools overseas. Sample papers are not distributed.
Here are the steps for admissions:
- Visit Loretto at an Open Day or arrange an individual visit and ‘taster day’ with the Admissions department.
- Complete a Registration Form (on line or from the prospectus) and send it to Admissions along with the Registration Fee.
- Loretto obtains reports and references from the applicant’s current school and applicants sit the Assessment Test.
- Applicants are offered a place, placed on a waiting list or their application is rejected
- Confirmation of entry: Parents are asked to complete an Acceptance Form and asked to pay a deposit to confirm their acceptance of their child’s place.
- The pupil starts at Loretto, usually in September.