UK Applicants to Lower 6th Form (16+)
Places become available every year for admission into the Lower Sixth (Year 12). Admission at 16+ is conditional upon the pupil achieving at least six passes at Grade ‘C’ at GCSE, IGCSE or six grades at ‘2’ at Standard Grade or equivalent. ‘A’/’B’ Grades is normally the minimum requirement to continue the subject at A Level. Pupils whose first language is not English are also required to sit the Loretto Sixth Form Assessment Test. Click on the link Admissions for International pupils for more information.
Sample papers are not distributed.
Here are the steps for admission:
- Visit Loretto at an Open Day or arrange a private visit and ‘taster day’ with the Registrar.
- Complete a Registration Form (on line or from the prospectus) and send it to the Registrar along with the Registration Fee of £50.
- Loretto obtains reports and references from the applicant’s current school and applicants sit the Assessment Test.
- Applicants are offered a conditional place upon them achieving the necessary grades in their GCSE, IGSE, Standard Grade or equivalent, placed on a waiting list or their application is rejected.
- Confirmation of entry: Parents are asked to complete an Acceptance Form and asked to pay a deposit to confirm their acceptance of their child’s place.
- The pupil starts at Loretto, usually in September.
Click here to go to the Sixth Form Experience brochure